View: 103|Reply: 0

Fangs, friendship & fun.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
10-11-2020 00:07:09 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
When I saw the pilot, I saw the potential for this series. Three very human "monsters", humour, horror. It was good, but not brilliant yet. The cast didn't have the right chemistry. Russell (George) was perfect, but I couldn't stand Mitchell and Annie was okay. I hoped for a sequel, but with certain changes. Then the wait was over - it had been recast & brushed up to perfection. I love the domestic elements and how these three misfits learn not only to trust, but to depend on each other. While I've never been a vampire fan, these vampires smile and joke. They are entertaining. The only character I don't like is Nina, who frustratingly becomes George's girlfriend. Far from being "angel of mercy", she's rude and controlling. George deserves so much better. The plot grows and grows with each episode building nicely on the last. By far the best is Episode 5, the finale not managing to do it justice, but good enough. The old fashioned effects with puppetry and contacts are far more impressive than CGI could be. Overall, Series 1 is a howling success. 9/10

Series 2, while having some strong points, is disappointing in that there's less humour and more horror. The balance has been lost. I also lost sympathy for Mitchell and decided Annie was my favourite. And there's too much concentration on the vampires. 6/10

score 8/10

Growlyted 31 January 2010

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2199895/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部