View: 109|Reply: 0

Riveting and Revealing

[Copy link]
8-11-2020 11:30:04 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
It's interesting to learn about the bizarre, inner world of Scientology. Leah Remini doesn't disappoint with her interviews of former members. Here are some of the shocking revelations from this first episode:

1) Children are separated from their parents and forced to work as young as 12 yrs old. Scientology parents agree to this.

2) Rape of children (by church members) is not reported to authorities because it would make the church look bad.

3) Scientologists have to pay for their own punishments, like hours of auditing.

4) Like the Gestapo, church members rat each other out to church leadership with "Knowledge Reports." (Leah got one from Katie Holmes for her "bad" behavior at her wedding.)

5) Leah stepped into hot water with the church at Tom Cruise's wedding when she had the audacity to ask where leader David Miscavige's wife was. She apparently didn't have a high enough ranking to ask such a question.

6) The church insists their members "disconnect" from their family members who quit the church. The church member will then write fake "I'm doing great. Don't wish you were here" letters so their family won't file missing police reports on them.

7) Leah spent more than $3 million on Scientology.

8) When a member wants to quit and leave wherever they are in the org, it's like they've been kidnapped and they literally have to sneak out.

I've always thought it was a freaky organization. I've seen footage of Tom Cruise and other Scientologists saluting humongous photos of LRH, with his liver lips and blackened teeth. (The real test of a Scientologist, when LRH was alive, was how long they could withstand a one-one-one with his fetid breath.)

Leah has real guts to speak out so bluntly and candidly against such a rich, powerful, and scary organization. The church responds by disparaging her---even though when she was in active in Scientology, and giving them her hard earned cash---she received Commendations. Now that she's not a paying member, and she's revealing what it's really like to be a Scientologist, suddenly she's a big loser.

I believe her, and all the other former members, and commend them for speaking out.

score 10/10

AnonymousMovieCritic 29 November 2016

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3588942/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部