View: 98|Reply: 0

the score so far

[Copy link]
2-11-2020 04:11:07 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I have seen half of series one so far (so my review cannot be complete) but:

its nice to see a 'Warts & All' of the IRISH Soldiers (Yes agreed: in the British Army) and what they did to their fellow IRISH citizens. Up until this point its always ''The British Army'' getting full blame in almost any history book you like - certainly in St Stephens Park! .('British Army'' suggesting it was something completely remote and nothing to do with The Irish of course)

The Irish were also British at the time: same as The Scots are British as are the English & Welsh (not to mention some Irish people too!)

It was even more interesting to see how how the 'Oppressed Irish Republican Movement' (but I didn't see much of that oppression), turned against anyone in civvy street they found that disagreed with THEM! - Talk about turning the Tables!

We saw these 'Soldies' Shooting dead their own unarmed IRISH Citizens that got in their way, to get their way, against the vast majority of the rest of The Irish population wishes AT THAT TIME.

Maybe this is why some of the reviews on here are very negative. They didn't get taught this bit at school and think ''An Irish (film) Director'' would have done a better job.

The series casts a new and hugely interesting perspective on the whole subject. I am guessing some people don't like it because it does not chime with ''their truth''.

score 8/10

robdrummond 24 July 2017

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3762526/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部