View: 124|Reply: 0

The British show the world how to make a TV drama.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-11-2020 18:22:06 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Nobody, absolutely nobody on planet Earth could do such an intelligent, superbly acted and brilliantly directed drama series like I, Claudius than the British. If one wanted to learn how to act, they should watch I, Claudius, if one wanted to learn to write drama, they should watch I, Claudius. In an age of dull, repetitive and childish immature television, I, Claudius stands out as a show that seems to good to be true. The viewer is spoiled with the staggering quality offered by the series.

With all due respect to American actors, and there are some very fine ones, they could never have achieved what the British actors did in I, Claudius. What we see are actors doing what they love so effortlessly without the benefit (or hindrance??) of mega-Hollywood bucks.

The show is, and I know this from my own experiences and from seeing the reaction of others, incredibly addictive. One simply cannot get enough of it. The series treats its audience as intelligent individuals which is such a refreshing change from the attitude of most current and past programs.

Without any hesitation, watch this series. Television can never get any better than this!

score /10

robertwb 16 January 2004

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw0145232/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部