View: 94|Reply: 0

Good show that could be even better

[Copy link]
1-11-2020 11:32:12 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I've only ever hunted pheasant and quail, and that was decades ago. But I am a semi-serious saltwater kayak fisherman (mostly in the Monterey Bay in CA), and so I have some real-world appreciation for the themes that arise in this show. Don't get me wrong--I do like this show, but I think it has some issues.

Some of Steve's incessant talking hits on interesting points. For example, in one episode I saw recently, he talks about how he likes to imagine himself kicking back, relaxing, and soaking up the ambiance during those interludes when the animals are not cooperating. And, after the fact, he looks back fondly on those times. But when it's actually happening in real time, he gets antsy and wants to accomplish something instead of just sitting around waiting. I could really relate to that, not just wrt outdoor activities, but for life in general.

However, sometimes Steve is obviously just rambling to fill time. A decent editor should cut most of that crap out and instead let the landscape do some of the talking.

score 8/10

stamp-587-149747 26 September 2020

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw6124833/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部