View: 95|Reply: 0

Excellent!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
20-10-2020 01:47:06 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I have watched so many TV series that keeping count is nearly impossible, but few have grabbed my interest and heart at this level. I watched the entire series in 5 days, using up much of my data plan, for crying out loud. While other reviewers have already done an excellent job of covering the superb plot, acting, and pacing, I won't go into it here. For me, there is just enough fight scenes to keep the action lively, but the heart in this series is in the dialogue. Each line, word, may carry multiple hidden meanings to decipher. There are no real surprises here, but I can feel each character's (protagonists and villains alike) pain, suffering and joy. I only wish it provided more back story on the main lead and his young body guard Fei Liu (my favorite character), how they met and developed such a strong bond, or fill in the 12 years of Lin Shu becoming Mei Changsu...a prequel series, perhaps.

Anyhow, this was a 2015 production/release, and as of this review, the difficulty was in finding all the episode videos as the series is no longer available on Amazon prime or other streaming services. I had to scour Youtube for bits and pieces to get all 54 episodes.

score 10/10

facesofine 12 March 2020

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw5546444/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部