View: 71|Reply: 0

Fun stuff - not for stuffy people

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
20-10-2020 01:36:07 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Dante's Cove is a blast. It's not for culture snobs who pooh-pooh shows like Queer as Folk for being "too out there" or who like to denigrate anything you wouldn't see at Cannes, but for those of us who can appreciate a sexy, fun show with engaging characters, some dark magic, and a few divas, it's top notch.

Tracy Scoggins is just fantastic as Grace, one of the lead characters. The ensemble cast has great chemistry, and after you watch the first season, you may find yourself, like I did, wanting more and more.

While there is a great mystery going on across the three episodes, the strands that run through the show of unrequited love, coming out, questions over the role monogamy has in some relationships, possession versus love, etc. all are played out through the many twists and turns that this fun, mysterious, and magical romp has in store for its viewers.

If you loved Queer as Folk, or maybe even Dynasty for all you folks out there my age, you'll really enjoy Dante's Cove and will be looking forward to the next episode to see what your friends on the cove are up to this week. Sure, stay away if your inclinations tend exclusively to art films and high culture and academy award winning performances. But if you're more flexible in your support of gay programming and like the idea of a steamy gay soap opera with a magical mystery twist and, in my opinion, pretty good acting (how DOES one prepare to play a 200 year old witch in modern times?) then it's a good bet that you'll have lots of fun with this series.

score 8/10

david-d-6 27 September 2008

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1952487/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部