View: 102|Reply: 0

What a ride!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
19-10-2020 22:50:07 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Starsky and Hutch was my absolute favorite show (and obsession) for two formative years of my life, and probably will always hold a special place in my heart. I still can watch it and smile, even forty years later. The first two seasons contained some amazing stuff and changed a lot of my youthful ideas about the kinds of relationships and emotions that can be expected of men. All positive and important information for a teen girl trying to understand the adult world, and especially men. The second two seasons ran a gambit of styles and never seemed to find its footings, so it lost me back then. I'm rediscovering it now and learning to appreciate some parts that were beyond me in the past (though some of it defies explanation).

David Soul and Paul Michael Glaser were so good at what they did; I don't think they get enough credit. They could be absolutely stellar as their characters and, although they often had great dialog to work with, non-verbal communication was their forte. That talent they had with each other was sometimes enhanced for amazing results and sometimes exploited and squandered. Although they had to contend with extreme variations of style of writing and directing and story lines, when they were given good stuff, they nailed it every time.

Starsky and Hutch is still very watchable even forty year later. The show is a roller coaster ride of ups and downs and crazy curves. But as with any great coaster, you never will forget the ride.

score 9/10

monomerd 4 August 2016

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3518369/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部