View: 84|Reply: 0

A coronation of awful TV

[Copy link]
18-10-2020 14:05:09 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Just for clarification, I used to watch Corronation street every time it was when I was younger, I adored the mystery in who could have attacked who? why would she cheat on him?, I related the characters in my teen years and the writing and acting wasn't unbearable.

Now it is showing its age.

Corronation street is painful to watch even for your average person. I understand that the show is tailored towards people who don't really care for triple A acting or top notch writing, but the fact is it doesn't even feel like there is any effort put in from anyone.

Let me start by saying that the actors clearly don't understand most of the lines they are saying. They are said with odd delivery and it doesn't help that the writing isn't great either. The characters are one dimensional and hard to connect to now and the story lines are so so bad that it may as well be a comedy show.

The biggest issue is that the show attempt's to emulate real life, almost as if we can escape ours for half an hour when watching the show. However its so over the top that it fails in all aspects and honestly if I'm going to give a positive its that it could work as a melodramatic show that focuses on comedy.

Again I used to adore this show. I would look up the spoilers online and watch interviews etc. Its just lost my interest due to other shows like Hollyoaks improving week after week.

To give the show credit the fact its been going so long is a remarkable achievement and if the show was to put on episodes like the good old days to remind the current generation why they fell in love with it in the first place, they could revive this dying show.

Score-1/10

score 1/10

richardcumiskey 1 June 2017

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3721280/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部