View: 91|Reply: 0

What a horrible show.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
18-10-2020 14:05:16 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
***Tip: Have It Read To You, Heres How*** 1) Copy And Paste This To Notepad (NOT WORD) 2) Go To. START>ALL PROGRAMS>ACCESSORIES>ACCESSABILTY>NARRATOR

Normally when I review something that I don't like then I try to just point out what I think bogs the film/program down, however with Coronation Street how can I point out the many horrible points of a program that shows nothing but misery and despair 4 to 5 times a week. Its sad to think that in order to win the ratings war against the even worse Eastenders, you have to show people giving little to no respect to each other, people getting away with murder (normally by framing someone else) or some other kind of human misery.

It wouldn't be so bad if every now and then there was a little bit of humor, but there isn't any what so ever. The Batasby family are not the Comic-relief that the show says they are, in fact they are the most depressing of the entire street. When the step mother tells her youngest child that he has to have his dog put down to save money, goes on holiday without him, leaving him to be looked after by 'Roy' (sorry if thats not the correct person, I'm not up on the names) and then cheats on her fiancé on their wedding night to what was very poor and distasteful comedy.

I was with a girlfriend who loved this program and I used to watch it from start to end, normally I could turn off if I didn't like one of her programs and just sit there and admire the view (as most dramas would have good looking characters and production sets) but this program is very cruel it that, as it boasts on its behind the scenes documentary 'The People In Corrie Are Like People You Know' meaning that, the person behind the bar in the pub is meant to be like your barmaid in real life or the person that owns the shop is meant to be like the person that owns your local corner shop. So what makes them think that I would like to see people who I know and like put in such horrible and ark ward situations, to me its kind of like a nightmare where you can't save you family from a monster. OK maybe not, as I know they are actors/actresses and have no kind of relation to me but hard to watch anyway, however after hearing that some of the actors who play villains get hate letters sent to them I realize some viewers take the show more to heart than most, probably because of this mixture of the surreal and life.

I don't like how after all this, this junk has the nerve to call it-self the best program on British TV, There is even an award show just for these kinds of SOAPS to get an even more clearer shot at winning some kind of accolade (The British Soap Awards). Although I think British programs can be very well done, even the best in the world, these are mostly dramas from the BBC like the awesome LIFE ON MARS or SPOOKS to name only two, but there are tons. This isn't the greatest program in the UK, its the worst program in the world.

I don't mind all soaps though, I think that Australian soap Neighbours is fun and at a nice pace with people who are good looking, its something I can watch, leave on, then do something around the house. Every time I turn on a UK soap, around dinner time, I am faced with some of the ugliest people I have ever seen in my life, they are either old and decaying or young greasy faced teens who then go on to the cover of some kind of gossip mag with the title 'The Sexy (Insert Name) Tells All To (Insert Name)'. All the teens in these programs seem to be in 2 inch thick make-up and bright blue eye liner, at least the Aussie soaps give us well presented beauties. For Corrie to then give these clowns the personalities to match, makes it worse.

To end, all that I am going to say is what a sad state of affairs. Anyone from outside the UK shouldn't watch this as Britain isn't like Coronation Street in anyway.

score 1/10

ml012a4860 25 June 2006

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1401976/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部