View: 64|Reply: 0

Ugh to the whole thing, I say

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
18-10-2020 11:48:09 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
America's Funniest Home Videos has a perfectly ironic title. See, you tune in expecting comedy, and walk away gagging yourself with a pointy stick. It's patently ridiculous how unfunny the original series was, and yet it drew millions of viewers each week. And I ask every single one of those people, "WHY?" Bob Saget has to be the dorkiest man on the face of this planet, and yet people would laugh hysterically at all of his inane, obvious jokes. South Park definitely pinned him and this show down in one of their best episodes, bashing every element from Bob's cornball one-liners to the audience's rib busting reactions. I just don't know how people could watch footage of a man getting gruesomely injured by a household appliance/hyperactive child with a plastic bat/wooden plank and be amused to the point of joyful tears. And don't even mention the new incarnations of AFHV. The guy who hosts this version (who I'm pretty sure hosts the God-awful Hollywood Squares at the same time), is even more comedically challenged then Bob. Who writes his jokes, anyway, deranged orangutangs with a grudge against the sane portion of humanity??? And I'm sorry, but it's obvious that some of these videos, if not all of them, are staged. That leads me to this query: "How desperate for money do you have to be to set-up an insanely painful 'accident' for yourself or your family members and then videotape it for millions to see?" NO ONE should be rewarded for catching their idiot husband/wife/crazy drunk uncle getting their groins whacked or hit by a car. It's not funny. Period! These people should just be smacked, in my opinion. Cancel this show immediately, please, because it's definitely worn out it's welcome. .5/4 stars

score /10

perni 1 August 2003

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw0277372/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部