View: 58|Reply: 0

Program played Aug. 14 was in bad taste

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
18-10-2020 11:48:08 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I have watched your show for years and enjoyed it. However, last night a segment showed a young boy encouraged by an adult to put his pet white mouse on top of a cage outdoors. Suddenly a bird of prey swooped down and flew off with the mouse. The audience and the host laughed and the host made a comment about grace before mealtime. I was so shocked at the inhumane, insensitive attitude of your host and the audience, who is always affected by the behavior of the host,I'm sending letters about this to PETA, ASPCA & Bob Barker hoping they will take action. Another program about America's Funniest Animals requests no videos showing harm to animals be sent. How different their standard is from yours! We all know life exists at the expense of other life but to encourage a youngster to "feed" his mouse to a bird of prey, even accidentally, and then laugh about it teaches him to be insensitive to life in general. Margaret Mead once said the most dangerous thing you can do to a child is let it get away with torturing an animal. This certainly falls in that category. As an Anthropologist I'm concerned about this and our culture as a result of your program.

score 1/10

ptway 15 August 2006

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1448722/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部