View: 52|Reply: 0

Suspend logic if you want to enjoy this show

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
18-10-2020 11:37:10 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
OK, I was intrigued by the first two episodes. A secret service agent finds himself in a strange town after an accident, with apparently no way out. The whole town seems in on some secret which the secret service agent tries to unravel. A good premise.

Then there was the episode called 'the truth', which explains what the town is all about. And I could have not been more let down by the reveal.

This is a couple thousand years in the future and Wayward Pines is the last holdout for humans who have been cryogenically frozen from two thousand years ago. A holdout against dangerous, carnivorous mutants. Fine, that by itself is believable. But then one has to wonder why the humans who have been woken up in Wayward Pines are not told the truth? Why are they being monitored and living in fear? And why, oh why, are they being publicly slaughtered when the entire human race is dying??? Children are told the truth but not their parents, apparently because the parents cannot deal with the truth. Give me a break.

So, to put it in a nutshell, there is absolutely no logical reason for why the people in Wayward Pines act as crazy as they do, and there's no plausible explanation for all the shocking sequences from the first few episodes. Suspend your logic if you want to enjoy this show riddled with plot holes large enough to stick M. Night Shymalan's head into.

score 4/10

VinS 12 June 2015

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3256693/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部