View: 104|Reply: 0

Don't Waste Your Time

[Copy link]
18-10-2020 11:37:19 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Added after Ep 3:

I must admit I didn't see the wife and son joining Burke in the town. I didn't foresee the sheriff getting killed so soon. But it's not enough. Why is Burke acting like such a doofus? He never asks the right questions, he just kind of blunders along. If they want him to stay and be happy, why not just level with him as to why he can't leave. And there's not a hint of comic relief here, not a whiff. At least on Lost you had some light moments. Here it's serious as life and death every moment.

This is Lost, Twin Peaks, and The Prisoner all rolled into one. I watched because I like Matt Dillon. He's supposed to be a highly trained, middle aged Secret Service agent, but they have him acting like a dope. Nothing he does makes sense.

I read the books that this is based on. The ultimate reason they are all trapped in this town is lame beyond belief. But I'm sure the plan is to keep us mystified, like they did on Lost for all those seasons. Every single thing I saw in the pilot, I've seen somewhere else. There was not one original idea here.

M. Night Shyamalan is deeply involved in this project, I've never liked any of his work. Mark my words, they will tease us and tease us, and eventually give us an ending that makes us want to throw a brick through the TV. Just like Lost. This is the network that brought us X Files, and remember how that ended.

Added after episode 2:

It just gets worse and worse. Burke is constantly told what to do and does just the opposite. Him and the girl try to escape (like that would ever happen in a 2nd episode) and of course she's caught and killed in the town square. Just like Lost, no explanation for anything. The show is completely dependent on the audience being constantly in mystified suspense, cause the story and acting, even by Matt Dillon, is very weak. At least on Lost they had good acting and interesting characters, there's nothing remotely like that here.

score 1/10

twodogs-69990 16 May 2015

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3239323/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部