View: 96|Reply: 0

Perdey, Perdey Bois

[Copy link]
16-10-2020 00:41:07 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Pretty Boys? .... ::Jeopardy Music:: .... *ding* .... What is the only good thing in Gundam Wing?

*ding* *ding* *ding!*

Yes, Jeopardy, you have served your purpose well.

The only thing that Gundam has to offer is pretty, pretty boys.  And a plot that is really easy to make fun of, and God-awful music.  But mostly the pretty, pretty boys.

For instance, Quatre.  Go on, someone tell me why he is even in the story.

Or, for another instance, how about Heero's infamous spandex shorts. Completely unnecessary.  Or Duo's braid and shiny cobalt (and/or purple) eyes.

Of course, one look at about 50% of the fandom will tell you why this series is so enduring.  Yes, that's right, the Yaoi-fangirls.  Pretty boys in a bad series must be snogging each other.  Fantastic.

Really, the only thing that I like about this series is how much it made me giggle, and I don't think that was the original intent.  Wufei's character is little more than a cariacture.  He's hilarious.  I find myself laughing more than I'm feeling indignant.  What was his purpose, anyway?  Was he supposed to alienate the female viewer (i.e., me)?  Or was he really supposed to be funny?

We may never know.

However, there are some other good things about this series.  Zechs is cool. I wish I had his hair.  Also, Treize is really funny, also in a very bad, unintentional way.  Man, look at those eyebrows.

But those are possibly the only things that I could pick out of this series, all hiding under the awful menance that drives me to hit the fast-forward button:

Relena.

Ah, her name strikes fear in the hearts of men.

I hate her, with an honest passion.  I went into the series hoping that maybe all the awful slander about her character was false, but alas, it was true in thousandfold.

Could this girl get more annoying, clingy, or in the way of everything? My God!  Everytime Heero was about to shoot her I started to cheer!  And yet she lives through all 49 episodes and into the movie!!

::dies from a severe brain aneurysm from pent up rage::

(Weepily)  She makes my brain hurt...

But anyway, I can console myself that not all females in this series suck as badly as she does.  (Gestures to Lady Une.)

::Sigh::

If you can stick through the series picking out what doesn't make -your- brain hurt, then you might survive.  Good luck to you.

score /10

Finite-Dream 4 November 2002

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw0605644/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部