View: 89|Reply: 0

Yawn! Has RDM lost his touch?

[Copy link]
16-10-2020 00:26:08 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I remember watching the BSG pilot. I can describe that night exactly. I remember what chair I sat in. That show was magic. It came alive. I enjoyed the first two years of BSG. I enjoyed parts of the third year even, and I watched every episode of the fourth year, totally faithfully in great hopes that it would somehow turn around. Well, it didn't.

I watched the Caprica pilot and was enthralled. There was hope for something good here. Then I started watching the regular episodes, and they are getting more and more boring.

It's too obvious, too predictable. It reminds me of the droll political correctness of his last failed show, Virtuality.

Much of his line work on DS9 was good. When he focused on BSG in an organized way, it was good. This was especially true early on when they more or less followed the pattern of episodes set by the first BSG series. When they departed from that after meeting up with Admiral Cain and the Pegasus, it all went to pot. It was like he wrote the rest of the show without knowing where he was going.

Maybe it will improve. Maybe it was just a few weak initial episodes. But I am very, very nervous.

score 3/10

mike-ryan455 6 February 2010

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2203427/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部