View: 83|Reply: 0

I don't know which is worse, watching this show or having a brain hemorrhage!

[Copy link]
15-10-2020 01:18:07 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I try not to be nasty when I write reviews, but my utter hatred of The Naked Brothers Band clouds my better judgement. It is not only one of my least favourite shows ever, it is my least favourite show of all time period. The production values for one thing are really cheap. The fashions look as though they belong in the 70s or 80s and they are really bad fashions at that, while the sets are tacky and cheap and the photography and camera angles are rushed and shoddy.

Even the music is poor in my opinion. The theme tune is just fast in tempo and loud in volume, with nothing really to make it memorable, whereas the accompanying music is half-heartedly performed, unoriginal and dull. But it is the writing, characters and stories that sink The Naked Brothers Band. Starting with the writing, not only is it for me never funny but also it is written with no heart or energy.

The stories are poorly paced and predictable with unimaginative situations. Not only that, the show often has the feel of a really bad reality show. And I hate all the characters, every single one of them. In my mind, none of them are likable, instead they are loud, annoying, clichéd and little more than bland stereotypes. Even their names make me want to punch the wall in frustration.

The direction is often lazy too, while the acting is poor with no chemistry whatsoever between the actors, no sense of comic timing and poorly judged delivery of the lines. Overall, an awful show and one of my least favourite shows ever. If I were you, I would skip this and watch something like Sonny with a Chance instead. 1/10 Bethany Cox

score 1/10

TheLittleSongbird 4 April 2011

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2408671/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部