View: 77|Reply: 0

A very ambitious re-telling that stands up well against the 1939 film classic

[Copy link]
12-10-2020 22:32:08 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Well I surmise that the producers had a lot of confidence in this new story that they are telling on the small (TV) screen with Emerald City and as such they are guaranteed to be pleasantly surprised and rewarded with a large market audience. Please do not even try comparing it to MGM's classic 1939 black and white (transformed to color) version of The Wizard of Oz as the stories are about the same as comparing your preferred mode of transportation from point A to point B, be that mode of transportation be a car, plane, boat or train. They may all get you from point A to Point B but each of us may prefer one mode of transportation over the others for various reasons. As such I suggest you give Emerald City the attention it deserves and not have any distractions.

The cinematography is luscious, the story is absolutely refreshing, and I believe it will appeal to a very broad range in tastes, as well as age and gender. The acting by Dorothy (played by Adria Arjona) as she finds herself in a new OZ world surround by all kinds of magical and colorful beings captures your attention and will have you hanging on to what she will encounter next. The Wizard of Oz is played by the well known dramatic actor Vincent D'Onofrio best known for his ten (10) year role as Detective Robert Goren in Law & Order: Criminal Intent.

I only have one complaint about the pilot episode and it was that were just a few too many interruptions to allow for the commercial sponsors to hock their wares. Other than this small setback that takes away from a very interesting new TV series, I recommend you and your loved ones look out for this series and be prepared to disappear into a new land of OZ much different than one can ever imagine.

score 10/10

Ed-Shullivan 6 January 2017

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3614364/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部