View: 118|Reply: 0

Basically a Twilight rape fantasy...

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
9-10-2020 18:34:03 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
In short: Do not waste your time on this unless you are into boring rape fantasies and being bitten and abused on a daily basis.

At first, I thought this looked interesting. The beginning of the first episode when the female protagonist arrives at the house hooked me on and kept me hoping for more of the same... At least for three episode which was when I decided to drop the series.

The story is built on a Japanese dating sim for girls with the same name as the series. A girl arrives at an old mystical house to live there after her father has to move because of his job. Inside the house she quickly discovers that the habitants, 7 brothers, are vampires and that she is meant to be their bridal slave. From here on she gets scolded on heir manners at the same time that she is sexually assaulted, bitten and threaten with rape and death constantly, without ever fighting back at all and actually seeming to like it, or at least accept it a bit.

Basically, this is a female rape fantasy for female Twilight fans. And yes, it's as sick as it sounds. And quite annoying and boring at the same time. Several of the vampire characters annoys me greatly but most of all, the little whimsy spineless fragile girl protagonist is extremely annoying and adheres to the most man-chauvinist ideas of the past centuries and the fact that this is made for girls just makes it even more pathetic. Not to mention that the entire genre of kitty-punk Gothic vampires and dresses is just sad and removes everything great about vampires and, for me, put this in the same category as Twilight even though the vampires doesn't shine like diamonds here at least (but that's properly the best thing about this series).

I understand the need for fiction to outlive taboos and perverted fantasies that we can't, or wouldn't really like to, live out in real life. And up to a certain point, Japanese manga and anime should be applauded for being more liberal and dealing in a safe and unharmful way with such fantasies and pervasion's. But this is just sad. And boring. And especially the fragile girl aspect, as well as the unfolding of social and physically abuse as socially acceptable is both annoying and plain wrong, also in fiction. Already it is hinted that she can find a deeper more satisfying relationship with her would-be rapists and murderers. This slave-mentality (reference to Nietzsche) of accepting abuse is actually a personality trait that can develop in real life with people being routinely abused by the same people that they have the closest relationship with, like incest or a abusive boyfriend, thereby distorting their view of what to expect from a normal relationship. And the way it so unproblematic builds this in together with the male-chauvinism really is what makes this sick and for me, this is basically an example of some problematic aspects of Japanese culture.

Again: Do not waste your time on this unless you are in to boring rape fantasies and being bitten and abused on a daily basis. And if that's the case, maybe you should think about getting help.

score 1/10

sygtnok 2 May 2014

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3008624/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部