View: 102|Reply: 0

Unmissable! But the highlight of it has got to be none other than Anne Robinson!

[Copy link]
9-10-2020 16:23:05 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I think of "The Weakest Link" as not just any quiz-show, but a quiz-show that is different, innovative, appealing, dramatic, outrageously funny, a-quiz-program-not-suitable-for-children, exciting and the sort of presenter who you wouldn't want to be friends with, who ALWAYS speaks her minds, who humiliates anyone who might be unattractive, too fat, too tall, too short, having a deep voice (for a woman) or a high voice (for a man), the how they dress, what they do as a job, whether they are boring, stupid, unintelligent, whether they are gay - the Queen of Mean, Anne Robinson. I know she's cruel and abusive and critical and rather a man-eater but I just love her! She has me laughing like mental every time I see her on this show or on a Saturday night interview e.t.c and the Special 1000th Screening of "The Weakest Link", which was televised on BBC 2 five days ago, on Monday, and that was definitely something you can't afford to miss and if you missed it you were missing out! It's a pity but that's life, I suppose! My god was it a good episode and here are the top high points: 1. At the start, there was an enormous birthday for "The Weakest Link" and guess who popped out of it... it was Anne Robinson!!! Amazing comedy! 2. Basil Brush appeared in it 3. When Anne asked Basil a question he didn't understand it so he said "I didn't hear you properly" to which she replied, "well LISTEN properly!" and she repeated Basil's question. Then Basil said, "I thought I heard a banging noise, then-" "Don't interrupt!" snapped Anne. 4. Basil dropped his board (for voting off) in fright every time Anne Robinson spoke to him. 5. Basil couldn't talk properly declaring who he wanted out of the game because, having such tiny hands, he held the board with his mouth. 6. Anne Robinson making fun of Miss Evans' deep voice (no offence, Miss Evans) 7. The episode's conclusion when our little darling Anne Robinson was interviewed during the end credits looking somewhat intimidated rather than proud and ruthless saying things like "I don't like being nasty but it's in my contract. They said, 'we can always get Brucie'", "There nine of them and one of me and I just feel so lonely." - absolutely hilarious, well done Anne!

See! She's not just cruel! She's a truckload of comedy! Not that she's the size of one! In height, she's a mini 5 foot 1! Furthermore, her figure is bite-sized! She's such a little lady but has a BIG personality and it improves her former seriousness! But her rudeness, I'm sure, will NEVER go away! And if it did, it wouldn't be like the Anne Robinson we know and love! I know it's good to be nice, but it can be so tedious and overly sentimental on television sometimes. I hope that if ever, by any chance, in the future, Anne chooses to quit "The Weakest Link" then the show should go as well. It was be mental trauma for me to not see Anne there - it's HER show, nobody else's! But I don't think she will want to quit for at least ten years or so, because this QUIZ SHOW rather than a chat show, gives her the chance to be as mean, as offensive, as pitiless as she wants - I bet it's paradise for her. This may sound a little too soft on the Queen of Mean but I think she has a right to have this opportunity to let her speech and behaviour come naturally. She's incredibly lucky! There are things about people I hate and their looks, voice, the way they do things but I am not allowed to say what I think or I get told off badly. However, even her cruelties and verbal abuse are overwhelmingly funny. Her sense of humour is simply marvellous! You go, Anne!

score 10/10

chrisbishop5000 22 December 2006

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1551473/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部