View: 56|Reply: 0

A Timely Thriller...

[Copy link]
8-10-2020 20:53:06 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I'm 2 ep's in and loving it. Russian TV and Film has been ignored and underrated for far too long, hopefully this series will be the breakout show that opens peoples eyes? Of my top 10 films of all time, 2 are Russian.
Russian sci fi has been on my map since I saw the original and amazing Solaris (so good George Clooney nicked it, but tried to be as faithful to the original as possible. He failed, but tried), with a stream of current sci fi shows that I highly recommend. This show looks like the best of the crop so far.
The cinematography is classy, as is the acting. The characters are believable and flawed, there are no real heroes yet, just a ragtag group trying to survive. Some I already really like, and one that is definitely future trouble and not very nice at all.
UPDATE - And yes, I did it all in one day. The impression I had about a lot of the characters was wrong, they all evolve and get stronger, or weaker, almost become a single family unit. Even the unlikable a-hole developed redeeming features and could be trusted in a crisis.
The directing is spot on, never a wasted moment or shot, which are academy award standard. The disconnect from a world view and making it from the main protagonists eyes only, without TV or internet creates a real 'this is us' feel. We're left as confused about events as they are. I really want these people to survive considering all of the adversity they've already dealt with accompanied by significant losses and mind breaking moments.

And just when you think they've made it...?

I'm hoping, nay, begging, that series 2 is coming? BRAVO, BRAVA, BRAVI TUTTI I!!

score 8/10

lewilewis1997 7 October 2020

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw6155182/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部