View: 89|Reply: 0

Wonderful escapism.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-9-2020 02:34:08 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Doctor Who, just those words bring a smile to my face. Is it a children's show for adults or an adults show for children? Not that it really matters, I loved it as a child and continue to love it as an adult. Certainly the child inside of me has never grown bored of this delightful show, no matter how many times I see the episodes.
Despite the sometimes problematic effects, props and pacing it remains a triumph of the imagination. Yes it's fair to say that quality levels dropped after the first twenty years, but that's one fabulous record.
There was something magical here and it's telling that the home of modern, quality Doctor Who is on audio, with the original cast reprising their roles, creating new stories written by fans of the show back on the day. Even the latter Doctors who perhaps didn't excel on screen have an opportunity to showcase their quality in this format.
If the new, rebooted Doctor Who (2005) could just capture some of this brilliance, it would finally live up to the legend of the original, rather than remain a soulless imitation of greatness.

score 10/10

a_tomes 29 July 2019

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw5027469/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部