View: 58|Reply: 0

Really enjoyed it, but I'm heartbroken and depressed

[Copy link]
17-5-2020 04:15:09 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
It's a REALLY good drama, but if you need a happy ending (like myself) you should stop watching at around 50 minutes on the 17th episode. Not all the characters will be happy, by at least the main couple will be.
Otherwise at the end every single person is mostly just surviving, which is more realistic but also depressing.

To those who are not satisfied with the ending: apparently there should've been an extra few seconds at the end, you can find it online. It's a scene where the main character receives a handkerchief from someone (the face isn't shown) and we could assume that the couple meet again in the modern time, this would've been VERY cliche but it at least made me feel better about the ending.
Also there a fan made continuation called old souls as a webtoon, I read a few chapters and I didn't really like it, but someone may.

I would've preferred it if they ended it at the guy becoming king and left it at that. I would've wondered at what happened to her family back in modern times but we weren't shown much of them to begin with so I would've been fine. Even if I would've had many questions I would've still preferred it.

I'm just venting now but I hate it so much how everyone became twisted... of course I wanted Soo and So to end up together, but at the same time Soo had such a great relationship with Wook and don't like how Wook had to betray her in order for Soo to end up with So... and Eun! I was so sad! At least with Wook's first wife everyone knew it was coming, but I was hoping that with Soo's intervention Eun and the other girl would've been saved.

I have so much more to say, but I really need to do something in order to not feel depressed for the rest of the day (which is made worse by the lockdown and, warming for TMI, my fricking cramps!).

score 9/10

sandunim-67189 16 May 2020

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw5743153/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部