View: 58|Reply: 0

The ending spoiled it

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
25-4-2020 05:23:10 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
This digs deep in intertwining virtual gaming and reality. A major investment company is going to invest in software that is the next level in the gaming world. The CEO gets a call from a young man who actually developed the game and wants to meet him In Granada. When the CEO gets there it seems the young man has disappeared. The CEO starts to play the game to find out what happened to the developer. Early on the CEO has an opportunity to get revenge through the game on his former co-founder and best friend. His former friend had stolen his wife. However something goes horribly wrong during their virtual battle and while he thought he killed him in the game it seems he died in reality. This cast suspicion on the CEO as having been the last one to see his former friend. Under suspicion, the CEO continues to play the game not only to test it but try to find out what happened to the developer as well as discover if it's dangerous and should not be released. He meets the young developer's sister and they begin to have feelings for each other. This movie really had it all a compelling mystery, lots of action, and what if about the future as well as a very believable romance. It also had a bit of a Cinderella element in that the lead character goes from rags to riches thanks to the money the family is given for the virtual game. I liked it and stayed entertained the whole way through and actually would've rated this much much higher if the ending was not left so up in the air. This one in particular seems like it was set up for second season. I would've much preferred if they had wrapped it up and left it up to viewers whether or not to watch subsequent seasons. The next season could have had some elements or even been a different storyline related to the game. One thing I've always liked about Asian dramas they typically only run one season. I also thought it was sad towards the ending when it really didn't need to be. I'm just someone that really likes happily ever after and I thought there was a perfect opportunity for that to happen. There were some really sad happenings along the route and I was willing to accept that but I really do not like it when things are not happy with the main characters. It is the first I have watched where I really did not like the second guy. Second guy did things that were really uncalled for and the female lead did not take him to task as much as she should. I really wanted to see the main male lead character happy because he had such a tragic life according to what he shared with the female lead. The female lead's sister had a cute personality and I loved all her interactions with the male lead. Great characters, great story, just not a very good ending. Still well worth the watch.

score 8/10

leahcubed 26 January 2020

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw5439027/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部