View: 66|Reply: 0

I've noticed watching K-dramas they try too much

[Copy link]
25-4-2020 05:23:10 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
If your going to do a sci-fi series that has to be the focus. Sometimes it can be combined with a mysterious element, romantic, or comedic.
I was immediately sucked into this show, which pretty much stayed mainstream on topic for the first 7 episodes.
Then for some reason all sorts of ridiculous undeveloped cheesy drama is thrown in and to add salt to the open wound, chunks of episodes are like reruns, because the "dramatic-interpersonal enlightenment" is supposed to make me have a different or better understanding of an old scene.
The primary focus "The flaws" in this game and I assume how it interacts with brain chemistry being investigated gets interrupted by launch deadlines, deaths that have no forensic murder evidence and a giant mish-mash of what turns out to be garbage.
I've also seen this pattern in "Possessed" & "A Korean Oddesy".
I don't know if it's cultural. I know for the first 6.5/7 episodes I'm rating these series a 8-9 for story and entertainment. But to say "Jump The Shark" is too generous! These writers take the show to the top of the Freedom tower and leap straight down to death. I'm not even watching and saying to myself "I hope this will get back on track"...The show takes such a U turn with pointless time jumps that you know it can't redeem itself.
As a series I'd say don't watch this, but the polarization of the first half and second half is like artistic Manic Depression! So I gave it a five.
My general opinion not every episode needs to be 90 minutes nor does it need 16 episodes. Stay focused on the primary story line otherwise all your doing is baiting an audience and then frustrating them. I feel if this show stayed on course and wrapped up in 12 episodes it could have been a classic sci-fi-thriller.
Instead I start off with Black Mirror and end up with late seasons of Scandal.

score 5/10

EvanKevelson 27 January 2020

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw5441634/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部