View: 67|Reply: 0

Excellent for all Ages

[Copy link]
9-4-2020 02:28:09 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
One of my favorite shows of all time. One the one hand, it was an excellently animated, fun, kids' show. On the other hand, it wasn't just a kids' show, and in the earlier episodes it is clear that the writers were parodying kids shows. Most of the jokes were hilarious. While many have pointed out the racial and gender stereotypes, the fact that they take these seriously prove they have not watched the show very much. The show often took stereotypes and tropes and blew them to such ridiculous extremes that the parody couldn't help but be apparent. Even when it started losing the kids' show parody element, it was still very entertaining, and never stopped being so. And most of the music was great!

Note: There are but two episodes I can think of which I absolutely despise: Mission Marvel, and Act Your Age. The former was a crossover with the channel's Marvel shows, and just didn't work. The latter was set before the characters leave for college, and, especially as most of the episode was devoted to shipping not one, not two, but three couples, was way too much like a fanfic (not surprisingly, as it was inspired by a piece of fan-art.

score 10/10

hanshotfirst-20216 20 August 2017

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3785394/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部