View: 83|Reply: 0

Solid Start

[Copy link]
12-1-2020 04:11:06 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
This is a solid beginning to what could prove to be an interesting show. I can't imagine this show lasting for more than one season if the soul focus of the team is to catch the Bone Collector, so I'm guessing the hunt for the Bone Collector will be a long-running plot line, and the team will focus on nabbing other "bad guys" on a weekly basis.

As I said, this is a solid beginning. The premise is good. The dialogue is intelligent and interesting. The characters don't seem like stereotypes or pretty faces with no substance. My family and I recognized Russell Hornsby (Lincoln Rhyme) from "Grimm" and "Fences". Lincoln is paralyzed due to his last encounter with the Bone Collector. He has a remarkable apartment and computer set-up, so he must have money from something other than his time as a cop with the NYPD. Using Sherlock Holmes as a role model, he trained himself in the art of observation while he was still actively on the job. Since becoming paralyzed, he continues to hone his skills. The reemergence of the Bone Collector sees him working, once again, with his old forensics team and his former partner, Det. Michael Sellitto, played by the brilliant Michael Imperioli: a long-time favorite of ours, too. An NYPD transit cop named Amelia Sachs, played by Arielle Kebbel, is the one who finds a body that appears to be a victim of the Bone Collector. Her actions in preserving the scene, as well as the scene itself, has Det. Sellitto bringing her to meet Lincoln Rhyme. He is so impressed with her, he wants to be her mentor. When the NYPD asks Lincoln to come back as a full-time consultant, he asks them to assign her to his team.

As I said earlier, so far, the characters are not pretty faces with no substance. I like that the female characters are smart, strong, and capable without being bit**y. I, also, like that the male characters are smart, masculine, and capable without being condescending or macho a**ho**s. Lincoln is a bit arrogant, but he admits to it. Our family members range in age from 14-63 years of age. Not that they'd be interested in it, but I wouldn't recommend kids under 14 watch this show. Older teens may or may not like it. Everyone 16 and up in our family enjoyed this premiere. Some reviewers are complaining: saying the show veers too far from the books. If you watch a movie or tv series and always expect it to be exactly like the book that inspired it, you are going to be disappointed most of the time. Why not just relax and enjoy, or not, each version for itself?

score 8/10

empressellaf 12 January 2020

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw5401014/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部