View: 100|Reply: 0

Kiseijû: Sei no kakuritsu: Enjoyable but flawed

[Copy link]
9-1-2020 22:53:13 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I want to like anime so much but seem to struggle to find things to my taste.
I believe anime comes under three categories, the cutesy stuff (Dragonball/Naruto) the artistic epics (Ghibli) and the darker content (Death Note/Attack On Titan). The cutesy stuff doesn't appeal at all and sadly that seems to make up 90% of the anime industry.

When it comes to series so far I haven't watched many and it looks like this.

Death Note: 9
Attack On Titan: 8
Assassination Classroom: 8
Detroit Metal City: 7
Angel Cop: 6
Highschool Of The Dead: 6

So I think I've been doing fairly well.

I watched the two live action Parasyte movies first and really quite enjoyed them but was I ready for a 24 episode animated series?

At first I was unimpressed, the music was fantastic that immediatly got my attention but the story was failing to grip me.

The further in we went and the more it began to establish itself the better it got and by the end I was saddened that no second season had been made.

Don't get me wrong Parasyte is flawed in many areas but manages to grip and entertain where it matters if you can get over the goofiness of a man and his talking hand.

Suitably dark but very censored with cut away deaths Parasyte ticks the "Darker content" box for me and therefore it stood a chance from the outset and managed to appease me. Sadly the 20 minute episodes (Also made up of credits) made them feel far too fleeting.

To summarize Parasyte is a lot of fun despite its flaws.

The Good:

Decent plot

Some great sequences

Very enjoyable soundtrack

The Bad:

Needlessly goofy in places

Episodes have very minimal content

Some filler episodes

Things I Learnt From This Series:

When a show can make you re-evaluate mankinds place in the world its done a pretty good job

score 7/10

Platypuschow 25 June 2018

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4215516/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部