View: 113|Reply: 0

The most disappointing show on TV

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 13:20:18 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Unfortunately the new HBO series had nothing to do with the works of Alan Moore. Sadly just a copy and paste of all the other politically aware shows. For the first time I can sympathise with others who have complained about similar problems with other shows.
The themes, world and characters do not fit into the Watchmen universe and this can only be described as a tragedy. I know it's easy to think everyone with this opinion is alt-right but I'm really liberal. I just love the original novel and this series makes Zacks movie look like a true masterpiece.
Whilst some characters have been intriguing with Lindelof at the helm, I have no hope for the future of this show.
In summary this isn't where I saw things going after the bomb. I think the universe and characters are so rich they deserved to be fleshed out. With plenty of mysteries still unresolved in-between the pages of the original graphic novel, this seems like a massively wasted opportunity.
I recommend a copy of the original novel for everyone at Christmas regardless of if you're a comics fan. Read it and then be immensely disappointed at this butchering.

score 1/10

alfieryan-09240 21 October 2019

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw5203168/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部