View: 64|Reply: 0

Ode to Delhi police and a tribute to braveheart

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 12:51:49 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Where to start. I was scared to watch this for many reasons and biggest concern was what if they don't do justice to her story.

After finishing this season I can say this is the most respectful way this true story has been told. Although don't be fooled, there are demons in this story and the writers did not shy away to show where they come from and what they become after they commit the crime.

Shefali Shah plays Dcp Vartika who personally handles this case fiercely. Both women and men in her team play equal roles and support their leader as she very much deserves. Shefali Shah has garnered lot of praise for this role and very well deserved however her support team Rajesh Tailang (Bhupendar Singh) and Rasika Dugal (Neeti Singh) are extraordinary. Special shout out to Jaya Bhattacharya(officer Vimla) and Adil Hussain who play significant part but do it amazingly.

The production design is rightly done, and the DoP captures Delhi in winter as chillingly as this heinous crime was. Screenwriters try to cover alot of issues like the behavior of media, politicians, protestors and also the braveheart's battle with her life but the main focus remains on the men and women of police force working on this case. The story dwells deep into the sacrifices they make and most of the time the writers get it right.

What didn't work for me was the side plot of the daughter of Dcp Vartika. I get what they were trying to say but that story wasn't worth telling and instead that precious time could've been used to focus on the forensics or little more courtroom drama, since this is a crime show. Yashaswini Dayama plays her part well but her school friends don't.

This is a must watch as a citizen of India I would say but then again, not everyone can stomach this narrative. This series will definitely make you relive those days when this incident happened.

Finally, there are reviewers giving this low rating, saying it's slow and boring or it's too soon to tell this story. This is in now way boring but don't expect a Cid type of thrill. This is a story of those 5 days, story of what the police was doing, how the politicians were playing and how the Braveheart fought her way through this.

score 9/10

matrixdukenukem 23 March 2019

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4739726/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部