View: 84|Reply: 1

not bad at all

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 12:23:03 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I will admit that I watched the dubbed version in english as I just did not feel like concentrating on subtitles. I was surprised to learn that the english audio track was pretty good, I don´t know for sure but i suspect that the original actors did the english track, they were definitley danes speaking english anyway.

Don´t let the Netflix logo at the start put you off, It´s a high quality production with stunning outdoor locations and a decent soundtrack.

Perhaps I did not pay close enough attention but I did not really ever feel like I fully understood what the problem really is with the rain or why it seemed to be no longer a problem towards the end. I think that the attention is supposed to be on the interaction between the characters rather than the surrounding environment.

It´s not the best show I have ever seen but I watched all 8 episodes back to back and genuinely cared what happened to the characters, i ended up liking most of them by the end too.

The acting is not the best but as I watched the english version some of that was probably down to the audio, to really judge them you would have to watch it in the original language and understand Danish well enough to get a feel for the nuanced language and non verbal communication. It´s entirely passable though and I have no concerns with this cast getting a second season.

My only real suggestions for improving it would be to give the story more depth by adding detail to the plot. I realise that this was not the intention and that they tried to keep it along the lines of a ¨fear of the unknown¨ but it was not scary at all really so they might as well flesh out the story with some detail instead as it is an interesting story.

I like shows about post apocalyptic scenario´s, wilderness expeditions and the many ¨what would I do here¨ questions that this show raises.

I will say that by the end of the season, all of the character should have been fully armed and kitted out but they seemed to continually fail to pick up weapons, ammo, equipment and vehicles as they encountered them which is unrealistic in this world that they are in where survival is so difficult. They made a big point of how only the strong survived and all of the weak people had been killed off so why are they comfortable with only one of them being armed and then when they take out a few strangers they don´t pick up their weapons?

I hope this gets more seasons, I want to know more about this story and I want to know what happens to Simone and her little group of survivors.

score 7/10

mat-fletcher 5 May 2018

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4155013/

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
23-8-2020 11:24:41 Mobile | Show all posts
do you know if theres going be a English season 3 at all, cant stand subtitles
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register