View: 43|Reply: 0

Better than Vicar of Dibley!!!

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 11:39:30 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I've only just bought Father Ted recently on DVD and i'm absolutely hysterical when it comes on. The sitcom is about three different priests who live together with their house cleaner in a deserted fielded island in where else but Ireland.

You've got Ted Crilly (the main character) who though tries to be a true priest can never seem to be committed to religion. His frustrations come mainly from his fellow house mate Dougal MuGuire who has the dumb-witted and naive character of Homer Simpson and never normally understands what Ted is on about on many occasions. The funniest character in the series is probably Father Jack Hakett, an abusive and foul mouthed priest who has become excelled from his original nicer side to become abusive when woken up or pushed around and has normally shouted Feck, Arse, Drink or Girls. The final character is Mrs Doyle who is the maid in the house though she mainly gives tea for the three priests though always manages to get the better of them in the end if they ever refuse a cup-pa.

Other people include priests like the accident prone priest Father Larry Duff who also seems to be involved in a car crash or being attacked by a Stapler. There's also Father Dick Byrne and his priest crew on Rugged Island who always seem to try to better Ted and the Craggy Island folk. The big boss of them all is Bishop Brennan who's loud and scary looking reputation has always bothered Ted but not Dougal who always refers to the bishop as Len while Father Jack has either told him to feck off or punch him in the face.

My favourite episode is probably Speed 3 where Dougal becomes a milkman but the previous milkman has planted a bomb on the milk float so Ted has to convince Dougal to keep driving. Celebrities like Graham Norton and Richard Wilson (Victor Meldrew from One Foot in the Grave) have been seen in Father Ted which has become an all time famous sitcom and probably the greatest sitcom to come out of Channel 4.

FIVE favourite Fater Ted moments. 01. Ted attempting to make Jack say the words That and Would 02. Man in crowd mumbling F***in hell after fixing of Sheep Competition 03. Ted and Dougal playing Sherrards 04. Mrs Doyle falling from balcony continually 05. Mrs Doyles tool in my box expression to Ted

score 8/10

cragsby_kellogs 22 September 2005

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1177609/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部