View: 86|Reply: 0

Now better than ever.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 11:05:03 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I have always liked the edgy, sometimes-cruel humor of "The Daily Show," but now that it has Jon Stewart at the helm I like it more than ever.  Craig Kilborn was a talented host, but he often bordered on being severely unlikeable, and somehow  malicious towards his guests.  Jon Stewart brings to the show a much more developed sense of comic timing, plus a split-second wittiness and a knack for snappy comebacks.  He has an obvious rapport with his guests, and consistently produces the funniest and most honest interviews on television.  Meanwhile, the On-the-Spot reports have maintained the same level of hilarity, assaulting the pretentiousness of people who can't seem to realize they are the butt of a joke.  And as sacreligious as it is, I can't get enough of the hysterical "God Stuff" portion of the show, which manages to strip bare the ignorance and hypocrisy that surround tele-theology in a few short minutes.  The folks at "The Daily Show" would be well-advised to keep up the outstanding comedic work.

score /10

Tug-3 4 March 1999

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw0376266/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部