View: 68|Reply: 0

Revisiting my Childhood Never Felt So Good

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 10:52:37 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
The opening scene in itself was just astounding, and that was just the first minute of the show! Who doesn't remember this gem? This was my favorite childhood cartoon, ever. And for many a good reason. This show raised the bar so high for animation few if any TV series have even come close to it. Brought elegantly to life by Alan Burnett and Bruce Timm, this show defined all that Batman is, as well as rejuvenating many lost characters like the Clock King and Mad Hatter. The beauty of it all is the intricate story lines, never failing to deliver psychological an involving sequences. The animation was just top notch, even by today's standards. Plus you've got to love the dark color pallet, which only added to the atmosphere.

The creators had a very distinct vision of The Dark Knight, albeit probably a tad inspired by Tim Burton's films, but nonetheless they added their own elements to it, as well as extended the world of Gotham City like eager fans like myself wanted to see so badly. I could not review this without giving praise to Kevin Conroy, Bob Hasting, Loren Lester, and especially Mark Hamil and Ron Perlman. The voice work beats the hell out of many TV shows today easily Shirley Walker delivers a thrilling score for each episode , giving this series the dramatic depth I and millions of others fell in love with.

score 10/10

gigan-92 14 December 2010

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2352972/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部