View: 133|Reply: 0

Steven universe is a masterpiece of character drama

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 10:42:46 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Steven Universe is one of the few American cartoons that takes its characters to the next level in terms of complexity. This is a show whose inspirations are so firmly rooted in reality that you can almost see the real people that made these characters possible. Despite all the science fiction inspirations, the drama between characters can get incredibly real and their character development is intricately thought out and well paced throughout the episodes. In many emotional scenes you can simply feel the inspirations that clearly speak to a real experience someone must have had or heard about. Over the course of the show, countless characters are fleshed out through carefully inserted character moments that maximize the usefulness of the 11 minute time slot. Every episode counts, and every episode contributes to the growth of the shows characters -- almost like a massive puzzle piece involving every character in the show just waiting to be solved. Steven Universe also has a complex and deeply complicated lore that is fascinating to piece together as the series progresses.

I have to admit though, after watching the very beginning of the show I felt it was not all that great. It felt like any other typical modern comedy show and Steven came off as kind of annoying, but over time the show has dramatically matured, along with Steven himself, to the point where I view it as one of -if not the- best cartoons on television.

score 10/10

thepimpofgraal 23 March 2015

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3207340/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部