View: 143|Reply: 0

It's a really good reboot!

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 10:28:36 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Now, I'm not the intended target group anymore, but since I loved She-ra as a child, I wanted to see how they did the remake. What I did not expect was that I would enjoy it so much. A lot of things have changed though, but mostly for the better. The animation style is a little simple, but I've grown to it. Apart from that a lot of things have a modern and fresh take on the story. I am glad that She-ra and her companions have lost their perfect Barbie and Ken looks (and bodies). Now there are thin and chubby characters as well as people of different colours. We have younger characters in their teens, but with intelligent minds, ambition, the will to fight for their believes and some charakter flaws that just make them more likeable. Also the picture isn't drawn black and white anymore. Adora and Catra are friends in the beginning and are struggling with their feelings towards each other. Several of the princesses don't want to choose a side in the war. It all feels more realistic now, with a good, strong feminine touch, that both girls an boys can benefit from. I still have a lot of love for the old series, but it's time to evolve She-ra! And she did. I love it.

score 10/10

spam-778-616598 15 November 2018

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4460850/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部