View: 43|Reply: 0

There is no life out there...

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 10:18:11 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I decided to watch "The Fall" for two reasons. First, after watching about a dozen or so similar American products, I was curious how the British could do it. Second, I used to be somewhat of a fan of X-Files and wanted to see how Gillian Anderson did it in her second series (the first after X-Files). Boy, was I disappointed...

I watched three episodes and could not quite get what was the crucial, vital difference between 'The Fall' and its American 'sisters' such as 'The Closer' (based on a similar idea), for example. And finally it dawned on me: THERE IS NO LIFE IN 'THE FALL'. None whatsoever.

Characters in 'The Fall' are not just 'cardboard' or 'one-dimensional'. They are plain empty, hollow, zombie, walking dead. Robots. Add to it utterly boring and highly improbable plot - and you end up with a total disaster.

Gillian Anderson is just Dana Scully who quit her FBI job, changed her name, citizenship, got the job in London Metropolitan police and made a meteoric career. And got transformed into something quite alien, mechanical, robotic and totally inhuman in the process.

The serial killer - whose identity we happen to know from practically the very first moments - has one disastrous flaw as well. There is no evil in him. None whatsoever. Zero. Zilch. Oh, he tries to portray himself as evil very hard. To no avail. Which makes his character totally unbelievable.

Boring. Improbable. Lifeless. Awful. Horrible. Total waste of time and money.

score 2/10

lions-oleg 23 January 2015

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3168635/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部