View: 124|Reply: 0

They completely ignored why we love Roseanne

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 10:08:43 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I wanted this show to do well, because I do love the individual cast, although I'm disappointed in some members not standing behind Roseanne Barr. 'The Connors' is bluntly terrible. If I wanted dated-jokes, there's an ample supply of 'Anger Management' reruns still on air. Production was "off" (can't think of the right word for it), it just didn't blend in with the shows around it. It also dropped the ball on what Roseanne Barr was doing before PC intellectualism hijacked the series; While 'Roseanne' has always been a voice for the blue-collar worker, Season 10 was an explanation for why voters choose a moron for President of the United States. Instead of remaining a voice for the people 'The Connors' assimilated to the current wave of petulance beset by Millennials. The media distilled ideology which allows censorship of opposition & free speech through television, social media, and social gatherings. I grew up loving the 'Roseanne' series because it warred against the idea of censorship. If you told Roseanne that she couldn't say or do something, you could count on her to make it happen. This show as carried on by Sara Gilbert, is anything but that. It's a shameful broken mirror of good story-telling wrapped in the pretty bow of modern politics.

score 1/10

alleykirstie 17 October 2018

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4402585/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部