View: 87|Reply: 0

So bad, it was cringe worthy!

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 10:07:43 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I loved the original Charmed! The cast had chemistry, great storytelling and amazing storylines (including the love story between Piper and Leo and the darker one involving Cole and Pheobe). It was very entertaining!

This one is a cheap remake with a bunch of women who like college roommates with zero chemistry. Also, the latina who can freeze time had more power than Piper! Piper and the girls powers evolved within the show as they grew as witches and built stronger family bonds.

Also, there's way too much feminist extremism being built into poor dialogue. I'm all for girl power and strong women, but this was cringe worthy. We get it they are women fighting the patriarchy of demons. It's interesting to note that the original Charmed had better writers who portrayed the sisters as strong, powerful women without having to resort to tacky violence (the latina punches a man on campus) or having to say she's a feminist every 2 seconds.

Also, what's feminist about a Whitelighter who gags, drugs and kidnaps the girls and dictates to them about their Wicca ways? I believe they called mansplaining, if we're getting technical lol

This is just a cheap remake that's worse than any remake I have seen to date.

Hopefully, they will reboot with the original cast and bring back the a good writing team and reignite the magic that made the original Charmed Iconic.

score 1/10

nicklatt-05258 16 October 2018

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4400262/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部