View: 70|Reply: 0

Could have been great.. but so disappointing!

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 10:06:03 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
The premise is brilliant.. a young family with five children moves into the very haunted Hill House and we see all the scary stuff that happens there. Then though a serious of 'flash forwards' we see the children as adults and the lasting impact the experience has had on their lives.

The problem for me is that the show doesn't quite know what it is.. Horror? Psychological Thriller? Family Drama?

The early episodes focusing mostly on 'The Haunting of Hill House' are brilliant and had me hooked.. but as the shows drags out and the writer/producers realise they have to make the contents of a book last ten episodes it descends into wordy, arty nonsense.

I've persevered through shows before where I might have started to lose interest but with this I started to get bored and frustrated!

It's a shame because the production value, acting etc are all top class.. but the material is weak and so, so wordy! You can't help thinking the writer was trying to make a ten hour stage play! And the last episode.. oh my.. total drivel!

Honestly baffled by such high ratings. Hopefully you enjoy it more than I did!

score 6/10

craigonslow 31 October 2018

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4430727/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部