View: 51|Reply: 0

The Best of Friends

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 08:38:53 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I am not much of a cartoon watcher, but the Flintstones and Bugs Bunny are still very funny and enjoyable to watch.

I always realized the great friendship between Fred and Barney, Wilma and Betty.  I think the gift of friendship is one of the nicest gifts that we will ever be blessed with.  The typical friendship sometimes encounters trouble, just as we would sometimes see on the Flintstones.  The most important thing, is that down deep, these characters loved each other, and they always ended the episode friends again.  It's true friendship, that endures the test of time.  I would think that this is one of the biggest messages that I have extracted from the Flintstones.  Their lives would have been so much less, without each other.

I was watching an old rerun of the Beverly Hillbillies last week, and I heard a familiar voice.  There was an actor wearing a hat, and while talking he sounded just like Fred Flintstone.  He even laughed like Fred.  I paid close attention to the credits at the end and sure enough, Alan Reed's name appeared.  It was the man who did the voice of Fred Flintstone!  I think the 4 main voices on that show, Fred, Wilma, Barney and Betty were all done by extraordinary individuals.  I would have loved to see them taping just one episode.  To see these people performing behind the microphone must have been an incredible thing to witness.  The timing, the multiple voices, and the expressions that you could hear in each word was amazing.  These people were very talented.  It's those voices that kept the characters alive! Although they are no longer with us, the gift that they gave us will live on forever in our hearts.  Many generations to come will enjoy this happy cartoon.

score /10

Darrell-270 4 March 2001

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw0070041/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部