View: 57|Reply: 0

Ruined with silly stereotypes, overly dark filming, undeveloped dialogue

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 07:48:12 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
This is not at all at the level of great shows. It is watchable but I'd say it is definitely a second tier show good to release in summer when nothing else is on.

The filming throughout the 10 episodes was dark, always very dark. It reminded me of The Killing but that at least was in part due to being in rainy Seattle. Just being dark for 10 episodes removed any effect it would have on certain story lines, scenes.

A lot of the story just didn't make sense. Why would they have wanted to get a really upscale expensive office instead of just laying low? And on the other hand why would you make this choice for your family but not live more extravagantly? They said they'd been doing this for 10 years - if you weren't living large wouldn't you have more than 8 million in savings? And why would his partner skim if they were paid well after seeing what happened to the guy they replaced?

Jason Bateman's acting is just being himself. It was like he was on the set of Horrible Bosses. It bothered me. His relationship with Laura Linney was all over the place. They really didn't have good chemistry and their marriage, even in flashbacks, was pathetic and a downer. That she was so quick to jump at her husband getting involved with a cartel to clean their money seemed off.

The story could have been a lot better. They really did a disservice making half the characters seem like red neck inbreds. That know they aren't smart. In a town that is totally corrupt. What are the chances you'd end up in a town with all that drama.

We also had the typical had to interject Obama and the rednecks of course have the Don't Tread on Me flags. Pretty much silly west coast beliefs on how flyover country lives.

There weren't a lot of twists in the story that you would be reeling from. The dialogue was very basic. The characters were never really developed much.

It would have been much better if they had developed the characters more, had better dialogue, skipped all the marital strife that didn't add to the story and use some of the better characters more. The best under utilized character is the guy living in their house.

If you took out the swearing and maybe the strip club nudity this could be on NBC. Disappointed but something to watch in the summer.

score 5/10

gustheaffen 26 July 2017

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3764665/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部