View: 53|Reply: 0

Poor Tim Roth

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
22-11-2019 07:43:00 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
It's easy to see they spent money on this. It's big budget stuff in terms of personnel, locations, casting. But it's also very easy to see not much was spent on the script because, as many others have posted here, this is dreadfully thought out and so unbearably bad as to be all but unwatchable.

In the stead of good dialogue, what we get is a lot of googly-eye swiveling allied to staring into the distance, phenomenally annoying whispering whenever the actors think they have something 'profound' to say and all round awful acting. With a script as truly bad as this, it is little wonder that the characters struggle to become even one-dimensional in form. They include 'the good time gal' barmaid, the silent but brooding native people (who, given the dreadful nature of the script I expected to say 'White man bring heap big many problem' at any moment), the Frankenstein monster of a corporate executive, the cool but unhinged assassin, the pudding basin haircut kid (really? Jeez, that's not been around since Kramer v Kramer back in 1979) and the loyal but dim-as-a-two-watt bulb wife. There is nothing here for us to build upon, every character is a cliché - so much so that the show might as well come with a pre- printed check sheet so that we can tick off the cut and paste characters one by one as they appear.

The main point of writing this review, however, is to express my considerable concern, and indeed sorrow, that an actor as fine as Tim Roth would even agree to make a guest appearance in a single episode of this show, never mind become its leading actor. Surely to all that's decent, he can't be this hard up for work?

Poor, very, very poor. I am irrevocably dumber for watching this.

score 3/10

j_smith_7 12 November 2017

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3856089/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部