View: 55|Reply: 0

Beyond bad, the anti-CSI

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 06:53:49 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Let's compare Scorpion to a show like CSI. CSI has an intelligent script, is well acted and generally keeps the viewer immersed in suspense. CSI has a feel to it that adds a layer of depth. There is some humor and the characters are varying degrees of like-able.

Scorpion does not have an intelligent script. It's like the writers have zero technical understanding but decided to write a techno- thriller anyway. The characters are not like-able. Bad acting, embarrassing script, laughable at best. The casting decisions were off by a solar system. Should have taken all that money spent on advertising and put it into the show. This is what you get when people with below average IQs try to write a show about geniuses.

As far as the characters go Elyes Gabel/Walter O'Brien: There is not a lot to like about this guy. While they try to write him as unable to be emotional and awkward, they also try to write him as a genius stud with regard to some of his interactions. It did not work. Picture Jesse Eisenberg from "The Social Network" as your watermark. Perfectly written, perfectly acted. They did not try to make him something he's not. At the same time, Eisenberg's character was actually like-able in the movie and you find yourself rooting for this guy who is a tremendous jerk. If Eisenberg is a 10, Gabel is a 3

Katharine McPhee/Paige Dineen: The biggest positive I can think of is she was named after an excellent hockey player. Other than that, she is not believable as a mother, especially as a mother of a child with developmental difficulties. She has too much bounce and not enough protective instinct.

Eddie Kaye Thomas/Toby Curtis: It's Finch from American Pie! This guy might have the highest ceiling on the show but some of the writing for him was ridiculous. The whole premise of the backup drive scene killed anything he had to offer to it. His acting on the show is not bad at all.

Jadyn Wong/Happy Quinn: Eesh. I don't know if they re-dubbed her but in the beginning her voice didn't match her mouth. It seemed like that happened a lot. She might just not have the ability to project and when she does it sounds like she's forcing her lines out. Any line she delivered made my girlfriend and I pause and look at each other wondering how just about anyone can get on TV these days.

Ari Stidham/Sylvester Dodd: I liked the guy the most out of the cast. The writing for him was not awful and he seemed genuinely delighted to play chess with the young boy. At the same time, some bad writing decisions, (the scene at the chalkboard is kind of a stretch, not the result, the "order of the pieces" discussion).

Great premise but failed to deliver. This is officially off my record list. I am guessing it won't last over eight episodes. Seriously? A hard line into a computer from a jet? A twelve year old might write that.

score 1/10

SkippyJustice 22 September 2014

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3091195/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部