View: 62|Reply: 0

Another Dumb show to Dumb Audiences

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 06:44:28 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I was raised on Family Ties, Growing Pains, Full House and the Wonder Years. Unfortunately as we have (d)evolved over the years so has television degenerated and been dumbed down to entertain an ignorant mass of people.

Five Reasons this show sucks! 1) It's not funny 2) It is hyper-sexual in ways that are- again- not funny, or productive in any way. If it was at least sexual to make a point about sexuality - but no- its just blatantly perverse and disgusting how the character of the grandfather comments in the pilot that the daughter "with her looks-can get a ride from any boy she wants" and later teaches the 11 year old kid to lie to his parents to go and pick up girls at a diner. It's really trashy- but not like Married with Children-trashy- rather trashy like bad writing, not funny, not insightful, boring, and offensive- kind of trash television.

3) the characters are over the top "stock" characters. The mother is an overbearing woman who is hard to believe is a human being because it is written so over the top that it is impossible to buy into it as a viewer. The father verbally offends the kids, calls them: idiots, morons, etc. all of which perpetuates bad parenting through mainstream media. I don't understand how calling a child stupid or an idiot is supposed to be funny? Words are powerful and when used so mindlessly in a show that is watched by ignorant people, it can only perpetuate more ignorance. I just don't understand what the point is of this show.

4) It's boring and the viewer does not feel invested in any of the characters. Because the characters and situations are so over the top, the viewer cannot get into the show or relate to what is happening and therefore, we could care less and get bored easily by what is happening on the screen.

5) the writing is over the top, and bad.

score 1/10

thehumanwritesproject 23 October 2013

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2892580/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部