View: 104|Reply: 0

A good show that has since jumped the shark...

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 06:12:10 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
So this show was fantastic out of the gates! Lagertha, Ragnar, the Seer, Athelstan, Floki so many dynamic characters come in and out and have a great role in the show. However now it has all just gone to pot and jumped the shark. I truly loved the show in the first 3 seasons. This last season honestly I wish I'd never even bothered. Just wish I'd ended when Ragnar left.

#Spoilers below ...for those who have not seen season 5.5 stop now.

So now. The show has just lost all sense of its origins and purpose. I was really hoping to see Bjorn become a mighty warrior like his father and take up the mantel of Ragnar even if displaced by Ivar. Now he's just a pouty baby and screwing anyone in sight and dropped the mighty warrioress Torvi?! Wtf?! . And they shaved his freaking head and Alfred's hair cut WTAF?? They both look completely STUPID now. It's hard to take it seriously now at all. If anyone cut their hair it should have been UBBE! To shed his viking hair since it has religious and cultural significance but he is supposed to be Christian now so it would make sense for him. So why would mighty warrior Bjorn shave his instead?!

There are NO interesting or dynamic characters or situations whatsoever this season. They are all washed up and annoying. Ivar is just a crybaby lunatic. He has no reason for his "madness" and just looks like he is having a temper tantrum. And makes no sense why anyone would follow him and not just kill him in his sleep abd be done with his stupidity. Let's not even talk about the miserable failure of Floki and his flock. Good gracious is that a bore!

Just put this show out of its misery or bring in tge writers and directors of season 1-3 or fire them if it's the same folks because they surely have lost their way!

Last but not least why do these shows murder history for the sake of TV?! It's ok to take some license but geez to straight up stab holes in it all for literally NO reason is absurd. Keep stuff historically accurate whenever possible. If you adlib that is fine or use it as a jumping point. Or make up a new character to fit in the timeline. Don't wake up long dead ghosts to play a role in a timeline they don't exist in. It makes no sense at all.

score 6/10

borninthewrongcentury 26 December 2018

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4536530/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部