View: 83|Reply: 0

Strange, but I love it!

[Copy link]
22-11-2019 05:50:35 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
score 10/10

I don't wanna exaggerate but there are so many things I want to say about Regular Show. First of all I wasn't impressed of it when I saw it for the very first time. I was so unsure about it not because of it's rudeness but I didn't think it was going to be so funny in the way of my sense of humor. But I gave it a second chance not only opening my mind but also finding about for what humor it delivers. And the result: Funny as heck!

I love it because of it's jinxed and twisted adventures the characters enter. Yes it really is a creative cartoon, sometimes a bit messed up and can become extremely strange but it does not become too overrated but mostly pure fun in different locations and worlds. But what I like about the show is it's characters, every character has something that could make you relate to them. Some of them even remind me of the people I know or knew.

I like the character Mordecai he's the kind of character I have in my days. Rigby, I know he admitted by himself that he's a horrible person but I can't stop laughing at his ideas and commentaries. Benson might be hotheaded at times but he can be loyal. Pops is nice even though he might have some unlucky moments which might make you feel sorry for him. Although if I had to pick one interesting character that would be Skips. Not only for being voiced by the legendary Mark Hamill but he becomes more interesting for each episode that centers about him. And he's the guy you can absolutely trust.

But what I also love about this show is that it has a continuity process. So there certainly are stories told here that gives the show a go and some episodes can become more interesting and closer to the relationships of the characters. One thing that I see on the show is that it seems to have been using inspirations from one of my favorite shows (which is also the creator J.G. Quintel's favorite) "The Simpsons".

The humor is funnier than what I really were expecting. However the first and the second season can become crude at times but I don't find them disturbing. I don't think the show is going down right now, I do believe it's going to concentrate more difficult stories for the characters.

One last thing: I think this show is not only showing it's craziness, but one thing what makes Regular show so different from many other cartoons is that in some episodes it does deliver really good messages and good things to know after their adventure.

Is it recommended? Why not? But I suggest that you look at the first episode and going straight forward to follow it's continuity more focused. I look forward for more episodes and I'm actually excited to see what's going to happen with one of the protagonists especially Mordecai.

Theraxorterminate 5 February 2014

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2955501/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部