View: 114|Reply: 0

An innocence of childhood

[Copy link]
21-2-2021 11:13:04 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I was born in 1986 and one of the first shows I ever watched was Mr. Rogers Neighborhood. Looking back at it now, it is truly amazing how simple the concept was yet the show sent such powerful messages seldom seen in today's kids programing. From the time I was maybe one or two until maybe around first grade, I had watched the show Monday through Friday at 10:30am. It was a comforting show and it felt as if Fred Rogers welcomed you into his own world for that half hour and that you were the only one there. From the traffic lights, to picture picture, to the fish tank, to the opening of the show, it will always remain close to my heart. The show was timeless and it is a tragic loss that Fred Rogers is no longer alive but his legacy in children's programing will live on forever. The show taught simple life lessons that are really the fundamentals of what makes up an honest, genuine person. From the puppet world and the trolley a new lesson would be taught each day. How I long for those care free days when time stood still and Mr. Rogers, and Sesame street ruled my day. Today's kids, with all the channels now, will simply go past PBS in favor of a cartoon, or special effect show that has little or no substance and who's main purpose is to sell a product. The values taught about tolerance and manners are priceless and long lasting. Early on that show had a big impact on my life and I am thankful that my parents introduced it to me. The show was basic and got the messages across with such great conviction. One of the most influential shows in television history lasted for four decades and touched millions of hearts. Television just isn't like that anymore and will probably never again be so pure and innocent, thank god for syndication. Raising you kids on this could make a big impact on their lives. This is one treasure from my childhood that I will treasure and hold close to forever.

score /10

feldstein33 17 January 2006

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1267582/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部