View: 136|Reply: 0

Jam-Packed French Mysteries like Monk

[Copy link]
14-2-2021 11:15:06 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
My husband and I have been watching Balthazar (Seasons 1 and 2) for months on Acorn TV and thoroughly enjoy the shows - especially because they are set in France and are in French. My favorite episode so far has been about solving the murder of Snow White. After watching the first few episodes, I came to realize that Balthazar has much in common with the American crime/comedy series Monk - a brilliant detective with career ties to the police force of a large urban city who has been devastated by the sudden, violent murder of his beloved partner in years past, the one crime he has been unable to solve. He sees her spirit - she consoles him - he longs to join her in the Afterlife yet he is very much tied to the here and now - he so much wants to solve her murder while he solves countless others with relative ease. My only criticism of Balthazar is that the writing crams too much in the 45-minute format so everything is rushed - our comprehension of French is not fast enough to keep up! Beautiful shows and a stunning cast.

score 9/10

csdcsdcsd2003 4 July 2020

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw5881152/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部