View: 148|Reply: 0

A Masterpiece of Comedy

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
5-2-2021 00:16:08 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
How do you begin to describe the Mighty Boosh? It is a comedy that simply cannot be compared to others of its type because, well, there are no others of its type! The closest comparison I can find to relate it to is the utter hilarious randomness of 'American Dad' or McFarlane's other classic 'Family Guy', shows unconfined by labels such as Sit Com. Each episode and joke is individual from another and this gem of a show is the epitome of its kind. The show's main characters are Vince (played by Noel Fielding) a self obsessed slightly sappy 'mod' obsessed with fashion, his hair and for some reason Mick Jagger and Howard (played by Julian Barrat), a self proclaimed intellectual musician who cannot take criticism.

The show basically Follows their adventures and encounters with many very strange characters. The show is very surreal with no true references to reality and each individual episode manages to bring in an unfailingly catchy comedic song to the mix. The set up of the show, as is even mentioned in one episode (series 1 episode 8) Howard gets himself into trouble and Vince, albeit unwittingly, rescues him. Each episode usually brings something forward from the last to give the fans a feeling of nostalgia, giving another incentive to purchasing their DVD's. However the way it differs from shows of similar style such as 'Family Guy' or 'American Dad' is not only that it is acted rather than animated but also that it has a sense of infallibility in its comedy. When you watch an episode you know it is going to produce laughter, there isn't the slightest chance it will leave you bored.

It is a show I would sincerely suggest you watch. It can be found (admittedly rarely of late) on BBC 3. It is one of the funniest shows I watch and I myself admit to being an avid fan so please, give it a chance!

score 10/10

bgh122 9 July 2006

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1415010/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部